1.01.2011

Good-Bye, Hello!

So last night as we said "Good-Bye" to 2010 and "Hello" to 2011, I was filled with mixed emotions. 2010 was a big year for us as we took our 1st family vacation with Bryce, bought a new house, and got pregnant with our 2nd child! It seemed as though everything was going perfectly and according to plan. I guess as we all know, our plans are really never "our" plans. Someone bigger than us has "bigger" plans awaiting our family. I am amazed at how many emotions we go though each and every day now and at how much we take for granted. The "big" problems, just don't seem so big anymore and the "little" problems, just seem petty. Having off the past two weeks has made me realize how much I love my job, my co-workers, and my students. It helps keep my mind off of what's really going to happen. Jason has said the same - that going to work everyday helps keep him focused. When we are together, we know that we can lean on each other and discuss anything that we need to. Bryce also makes it easier to bear what we are going through. We have to stay strong and keep going every day because he is our 1st priority and we refuse to give him (& Leah) anything less than our best!

Looking forward at 2011, we are optimistic. We thank God for the ability to be able to conceive children (as we will try to do again) for there are so many deserving women out there who cannot. We thank God for our wonderful son and the family that we have now. We thank God for all of the blessings he has bestowed on us so far. We know that after Leah is born, it is not going to be an easy road as neither of us have experienced death so close to us, let alone our child. But we know that through each other we will find the strength to continue on to honor our Baby Leah. We have already been talking about some things that we'd like to do to be able to have something "positive" to look forward to. We also look forward to everything that we have to look forward to with Bryce and watching him grow and learn. It's hard for us to believe that he's almost 1 1/2 already.

Wishing everyone and their families a 2011 full of love, laughter, and happiness!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that you have most likely heard this a thousand times now, but God doesn't put you in situations that you can't handle. I know that he has a purpose for allowing you to have this beautiful child, if only for a short peroid of time. God is great and I know that he will help you through your times of joy and mourning. I think the two of you are wonderful people and great parents to Bryce. My thoughts and prayers are with you now and will continue to be! If ever there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask.

It is wondrous when a child comes into your life and inspires every single thing to become more beautiful, more meaningful, and more precious.

In my prayers,
Nicole Lester

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kim,
Reading your blog has opened my eyes up to a person who is full of love for her family. I am so moved by your courage and strength. The Lord has blessed you with love for your wonderful little girl, Leah and your son Bryce. You are an encouragement to me and I am honored to know such a wonderful person.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,

Tracy Leskanic