I had a 27 week check-up today as well as the lovely and ever-so popular Glucose test. I was able to spend some time catching up with my Doctor on all of the appointments we've had since my last visit with her. I got to hear Leah's GLORIOUS little heartbeat!! We talked about the options that the Neonatologist gave us for Leah's care, how long she is expected to live (which immediately caused tears), and how much fetal monitoring we want up until delivery. She told me that most people opt not to have a lot of monitoring due to the fact that the baby is not going to survive and that they wouldn't do an emergency c-section if the baby was in distress. I told her that we want to do everything we can to meet Leah ALIVE, regardless of how brief that may be. She said we'd do an ultrasound at my next appointment and then non-stress tests (NST's) weekly after that. I asked about doing a 4-D u/s so that we could see Leah and get to know her features, something that I didn't want with Bryce and I don't think we'll do with our other children either. (I totally have to know the sex of my babies because I need to prepare! But seeing Bryce for the 1st time was the best surprise of my life!) She told me that if I ever don't feel her moving, I need to call her ASAP. The last thing that she told me was that she bumped into the Doula that we met last week at the hospital and they discussed our situation. My Doctor promised me that I would get to hold Leah on the operating table (if I have the c-section) and get as many cuddles and snuggles as I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This caused both of us to be in tears as she hugged me!)
2 comments:
Wow, Kim and Jason you two are so amazing. Each time I check the blog I realize how lucky Leah is to have you as parents.
Tracy
Thank God!I think this was passed up in one of our convos and I am sooo happy for you that you can hold her!!!!
Post a Comment