7.11.2011

No Explanation Necessary!

I have written several times about a wonderful woman named, Danielle, who cut-up her own wedding dress to create a gown for Leah to wear. Danielle and I started emailing back and forth after I had contacted her through her blog - started several years ago, when her son was diagnosed with the same genetic anomoly as Leah - Thanatophoric Dysplasia. As it turns out, she is originaly from Florida and visits here often to see family. When I was still pregnant, we tried to meet up, but it just didn't work out. Last week, she was in the area and we made a plan to finally meet. I will admit that I was extremely anxious and scared as I knew my emotions would come flooding back to me.

As she and her children walked up to meet Bryce and I, I felt a huge sense of relief! It was like seeing a long, lost friend. I couldn't hold my emotions back as I just knew that I finally could talk to someone face-to-face who would just understand. No explaining necessary. We talked about everything from our pregnancy and birth experiences, reactions of family and friends about our decisions to carry our babies, "friends" who just don't understand, grieving differently than our husbands, and emotions about subsequent pregnancy. We both even laughed at the fact that we've kept every stitch of paperwork, even scribbled notes, pertaining to our babies - because they are links to our child and hold memories.

Jason and I will always be extremely grateful to Danielle for extending her kindness and opening her heart to our family. She was a huge support to me throughout my pregnancy and helped me prepare a list of "keepsakes" for after Leah's birth. I'm glad that I was finally able to meet her, ((HUG)) her, and say "Thank You" to her personally. I hope that we remain friends for a long time to come:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am so glad that you finally got to meet face to face and I am very grateful to Danielle as well for helping you, my friend, through this very difficult situation. God Bless both your families!
XOXO
Dolores