4.26.2012

Easter - New Beginnings

Easter definitely got lost in the shuffle this year. There are probably a thousand reasons why, but nothing prepared me for what happened on Good Friday. I hadn't even gotten the Easter baskets out or decorated the house yet. I got home from work early that afternoon and it was time to decorate. When I walked out to the garage to grab the bin, all I found was an almost empty bin with a few items left over from our garage sale a few weeks prior.

Me: "Jason, have you seen the Easter stuff?"
Jason: "Yeah, didn't you get it out the weekend of the garage sale?"
Me: "Yes, but I can't find it now - did you move it?"
Jason: "No..."
Me: "Ohhh nooo!"
Jason: "Don't tell me...."
Me: "Yep... it's definitely gone... all gone."

You guessed it - it either got thrown away or sent off to the Salvation Army with other items that we got rid of after the garage sale.

Bryce's 1st Easter basket..... gone.
Leah's Easter basket..... gone.

I wanted to bawl my eyes out and scream that I lost these sentimental baskets.... but what would the point in that be? There was nothing I could do now. I took this as a sign of "New Beginnings." After all, isn't that what Easter is all about?

So we headed out to the store and let Bryce pick out a brand new basket (Lightning McQueen, of course) and a new larger "Mommy and Daddy" size basket.

We colored eggs on Saturday night and began our busy Easter day bright and early on Sunday.

First up.... Mass at 8:30


He loves the fountain at church!

Next.... Easter Egg hunt at home.




Yippee.... Rays game during Opening Weekend!

Sooo excited about Opening Day!
He loves the Stingrays:)

Nothing like playing Oso in the middle of the game.

Last.... Spending time with amazing family friends!

One thing that our journey with Leah has continued to teach me, is that with God ALL things are possible. We just have to trust HIM! I couldn't have felt more blessed! After a rough/sentimental start to the weekend, everything turned out even better than I could have imagined! My family was together, we praised God, and talked about where our "new beginnings" would take us:)

No comments: