2.21.2012

Our first Walk of the Season!

I have a new name for Springtime... The Season of Walks!

Last year, we participated int he March of Dimes and were able to raise a pretty substantial amount of money in Leah's honor.

Shortly after that, Bryce participated in the Walk for Life at his school!

This year, we will again be doing the March of Dimes - March for Babies on April 28.

But before that.... we'll be catching up on a walk that we missed last year. The "Stepping Up for Kids" walk that supports the Stepping Stones program at our local Hospice. This program supported us with the following:
*A Doula present at Leah's birth to ensure our wishes were met before and after delivery. She video taped as Leah was born and even captured her first cry! She helped us make special keepsakes of her hands and feet. She hlped us cut locks of hair, bathe her, and dress her.
*We were able to have a special tour of the hospital that I was delivering at so that we didn't have to contend with other "happy" families.
*Counseling before Leah's birth that included information on writing a birth plan for a baby with an "incompatible with life" diagnosis. Information for funeral homes in the area that could help us make special arrangements for Leah. Books and resources to borrow about other families that had similar pregnancies and books about grieving.
*Counsleing after Leah's birth - whenever we feel that we need it.
*Beautiful rembrance ceremonies and events.

Please help us support this wonderful program that does so much in our community for families similar to ours. They also assist children who have lost parents or siblings and children with medical conditions such as cancer.

Please follow link below or click here to donate!
http://www.thehospicefoundation.org/TeamLeah

Thank you again to all of you for all of your continued support and prayers for our family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story is heartbreaking. Every baby loss story is. I just want to give you a big hug. We lost our daughter Leia Sky at 35 weeks. We are trying again and pray that when we have another daughter her middle name can be Leia. I really like your blog been reading for a while. Just thought I'd finally speak up. Please feel free visit mine www.letterstoleia.ca

Kimberly&Jason said...

Thanks for sharing with me. I am so sorry about your daughter and I wish you nothing but the best in your efforts to try again! I like your idea of using your first daughter's name as a middle name. ((HUGS))