2.29.2012

Woah Belly (Looking Back)

And so begins my week (possibly weeks) of reminiscing.... Leah's birthday is one week from today.

Exactly 1 year ago today, Jason, Bryce and I were having my "belly" and family pictures taken with Leah at our most favorite park where we go boating. We had such a hard time trying to get Bryce to look at the camera, but somehow our amazing photographer, Brandi, got so many good shots of him! She confirmed with us at that session that she would be the one capturing our most precious moments with Leah thanks to the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep foundation. We left telling her that I had an ultrasound on Friday and would keep her posted. We didn't think that we'd be meeting Leah for a few more weeks. After all, I was only 34 weeks.

She caught me waddling!


BIG Belly!








He loved giving my belly kisses!!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

I don't think I really knew just HOW big my belly was until I saw these pictures the following week. It didn't even occur to me that that's why the PE dept. at my school had offered weeks earlier to come and get my kids and drop them off - I looked like an Oompa Loompa waddling everywhere! I never realized it though - I needed to keep moving just to keep my mind off what was really happening.

Looking back on the waddling - I was always short of breath, and it actually was pretty painful. I had a small pouch at the bottom of my belly that was collecting the extra fluid! So many people just assumed that I was having twins. Others were always shocked when I told them that I still had 8, 7, or 6 more weeks to go! God must have really wanted us to know just how special our family was. Thanataphoric Dysplasia (lethal dwarfism) affects 1 in 50,000, while polyhydramnios (the extra fluid) affects only 1% of pregnancies!

I love these pictures so much because we were all so happy. Leah was still alive; kicking and moving in my belly. Little did we know what was in store for us later that week.

No comments: