2.25.2011

32 Week Appointments

Actual Date: February 18, 2011: I had an appointment on Friday with the Doctor for a check-up. Everything seems to be going well. We got to hear Leah's heartbeat and it sounded great as usual! She asked how I was feeling and I hated to admit that I am super tired and my belly is sore & hard as a rock all of the time. Of course, this is due to the extra fluid. I also have a nifty little bulge at the bottom of my belly and was scared to ask what it was, but it turned out to be extra fluid just pooling there because it has nowhere else to go. She is concerned that there could be a risk to me if my fluid levels get too high and it was discussed at the practice's high risk meeting what would be best for me and Leah. If my levels begin getting too much higher then they all agreed that doing a c-section earlier than 37-38 weeks would be best. Otherwise, my uterus could rupture or my scar from my previous c-section could separate (either way... no good for me or our chances of having any more children.). The main effect that this would have on Leah would be the ability to donate her organs if she comes before 36-37 weeks since she would be considered premature. I have an ultrasound on Monday to check the amniotic fluid levels. She also directed me to rest as much as I can and to stay off my feet to help with the pooling amniotic fluid and to take some pressure off of my belly. I had been and still am praying that I won't have to go on bed rest! That is the last thing that I want right now.. .at least with working and chasing after Bryce, I can keep my mind focused on everything else.

Actual Date: February 21, 2011: Ultrasound & Appointment: During this ultrasound, I was actually able to see Leah and everything that the sonographer was doing the entire time! Her heartbeat was 145bpm and sounded beautiful! She was asleep and had her back to my belly, as usual, so I didn't get to see her face, but I did get to see all of the hair on the back of her head! Her head is measuring full-term already, while her arms and legs are measuring only about 20 weeks. While I know that meeting Leah is going to be amazing, we also need to start preparing ourselves for how small she is really going to be. I know that we are going to love every inch of her! My fluid levels are still high, but haven't increased too much since a month ago. We still did not set a date for a c-section and are going to go week-to-week from now on to monitor the fluid levels and just play it by ear. If the levels reach a certain point before 37-38 weeks, then we will schedule the c-section within the next few days. She also checked me today to see if labor was anywhere near and verified that Leah's head is down, but I am not showing any signs of going into labor. But as everyone who's ever been pregnant knows, that could happen at any time! I'm praying and keeping my fingers and toes and anything else crossed that we can hold off just another few weeks!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kimberly, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and for Leah. I, too, have a precious baby girl with TD. She was born Dec 29, 2009 and passed Dec 30, 2009. She has blessed me and changed my life in ways I never thought possible. My heart is broken to know that you are carrying the same pain that I do. I am so glad you made a precious Bunny!!! Each of my older children made a Janie Beth animal at Build A Bear to hold when they are missing her. Please let me know if I can do anything for you! You can email me through my profile. Many (((HUGS)))!!!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I came over from Danielle's blog to give you a ((HUG)), keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Caroline said...

I stopped over from Danielle 's blog. I'm praying for you and your family. Keeping you close to my heart. {{HUGS}}

Nicole said...

I just found your blog - I have a daughter with a non-lethal skeletal dysplasia, but when it was first discovered in my pregnancy, the doctors thought it was most likely lethal. My heart is so moved by your story and I will be praying for you and following your journey over the coming months *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Kim and Jason,
this is the first i have seen of your blog. I cannot imagine what you are going through and was very touched by your blog.
Uncle Chip and I will keep you all in our prayers. Know that our thoughts are with you always.
Love,
Aunt Gail and Uncle Chip

Unknown said...

Kim, I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family, and precious Leah tomorrow.