2.24.2011

Baby Bunny

Actual Date: January 17, 2011: My sister and I started a tradition before Bryce was born by making him a "Build-A-Bear" made with love. We took it to the hospital when he was born and it's been in his crib ever since. He now plays and snuggles with his Puppy Dog:) I would have loved for my sister and I to make Leah her first Build-A-Bear too, but my anxiety of not having something for Leah when she arrives got the best of me. My sister last visited at Thanksgiving and was uncertain of when she'd be able to come back because of school. We decided that we should pass the tradition on to Bryce to make his sister a Build-A-Bear made with love.

The day that I took him, I was thinking that we pick out a nice, soft teddy bear for her. He apparently had other ideas. Every teddy bear that I picked up (even ones that he had pointed out), he shook his head and said "No, no, no" or turned his head away. He pointed to a cute bunny and I expected the same thing to happen, but he grabbed it and snuggled it! So we began the process of making her with love. He picked out a heart that says "I Love You" on it and held on to it tightly. We waited our turn to have her made nice and fluffy. He got to step on the pedal to make the machine go and loved that he got to help. When it was time to give Bunny her heart, we both kissed it and said "I love you, Leah!" (Well, he said something like that that ended with "Ee-ah.") Once the bunny was nice and fluffy, it was time to give her a "bath." He had fun doing this, especially because it sounds like a blow dryer (a recent  fascination of his). When it was time to brush her with the bear brush, he decided that his hair needed brushed too, lol. We picked out the pink "new baby" accessories that his puppy has too (blue, of course). Then, it was off to the computers to create her Birth Certificate. Bryce was more intrigued with the computers than naming her, but kept saying "bunny," and that's how "Baby Bunny" got her name. He held her all the way home and still finds ways to sneak her out of my hospital bag to snuggle with her. I hope Baby Leah knows how much her brother loves her and can't wait to meet her.

Bryce with his Puppy Dog in the hospital.

Filling "Baby Bunny" with LOVE.



Ready to meet Baby Leah!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and loving family you are! Leah is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have her. God Bless you all!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Dolores & Vin