Actual Date: February 5, 2011: When I was pregnant with Bryce, I was totally against getting a 3D/4D ultrasound because I wanted to wait until he was born to know what and who he looked like. I still feel that way for any other babies that we have in the future. But with Leah, we are both so anxious to meet her and to spend as much time as possible with her, that we decided it would be a good idea.
The place that we decided on wanted to get me in right away because at almost 32 weeks, I was approaching a stage where they might not be able to get clear pictures because the baby would be too big. (I wanted so badly to tell her that this wasn't the case.) I set an appointment for that Saturday. I had to respond to an e-mail with my Doctor's info in case anything would happen and I also decided that I should make them & the sonographer aware of our situation so that we wouldn't get the "elephant in the room" feeling when they saw our baby or think that we couldn't talk about it. I just hoped that they would still do the u/s, given that this is a high risk pregnancy (because of the extra fluid). The owner emailed me back & said we were good to go!
When we arrived, the sonographer met us at the door and took us to the room that had a comfy couch for Jason & Bryce to watch on the big screen TV. Our package included a DVD of the entire ultrasound set to music, a CD with pictures, and printed pictures both in black & white and "color." I had to sign a waiver that said the ultrasound was for "entertainment purposes only" which made me laugh.
Leah was fast asleep and not wanting to move for anything, even though in the car on the ride over, she was kicking every so often. So...we got to see the back of her head, her arm, and her back. We were laughing that all we were going to get to see was her beautiful, little back. She was snuggled up so good and holding onto her umbilical cord, with her chin down, and her little feet tucked up underneath her. She does have hair though, maybe even more than Bryce had! (He was basically bald for quite a while.) After laying on my side, Leah finally woke up and let us get some great pictures of her cute, little face and she even yawned! It was sooo cute! She was kicking and punching and at one point looked like a little boxer alternating her punches. She scrunched up her face a few times and even gave us a little grin:)
It was just absolutely amazing to see her and to see that she really is okay inside my belly. I can't believe how beautiful she is and how much she looks like Bryce (I know I've said that before, but she really does!) Bryce and Jason loved seeing her too! Bryce was saying "baby" and pointing to the TV and every now and then would say "si-ter" and "Ee-ah." It was such a great family moment. The best part about it all, is that we have the DVD to keep forever and ever so we can see her in action whenever we want to! That, in itself, is the best gift!
The place that we decided on wanted to get me in right away because at almost 32 weeks, I was approaching a stage where they might not be able to get clear pictures because the baby would be too big. (I wanted so badly to tell her that this wasn't the case.) I set an appointment for that Saturday. I had to respond to an e-mail with my Doctor's info in case anything would happen and I also decided that I should make them & the sonographer aware of our situation so that we wouldn't get the "elephant in the room" feeling when they saw our baby or think that we couldn't talk about it. I just hoped that they would still do the u/s, given that this is a high risk pregnancy (because of the extra fluid). The owner emailed me back & said we were good to go!
When we arrived, the sonographer met us at the door and took us to the room that had a comfy couch for Jason & Bryce to watch on the big screen TV. Our package included a DVD of the entire ultrasound set to music, a CD with pictures, and printed pictures both in black & white and "color." I had to sign a waiver that said the ultrasound was for "entertainment purposes only" which made me laugh.
Leah was fast asleep and not wanting to move for anything, even though in the car on the ride over, she was kicking every so often. So...we got to see the back of her head, her arm, and her back. We were laughing that all we were going to get to see was her beautiful, little back. She was snuggled up so good and holding onto her umbilical cord, with her chin down, and her little feet tucked up underneath her. She does have hair though, maybe even more than Bryce had! (He was basically bald for quite a while.) After laying on my side, Leah finally woke up and let us get some great pictures of her cute, little face and she even yawned! It was sooo cute! She was kicking and punching and at one point looked like a little boxer alternating her punches. She scrunched up her face a few times and even gave us a little grin:)
It was just absolutely amazing to see her and to see that she really is okay inside my belly. I can't believe how beautiful she is and how much she looks like Bryce (I know I've said that before, but she really does!) Bryce and Jason loved seeing her too! Bryce was saying "baby" and pointing to the TV and every now and then would say "si-ter" and "Ee-ah." It was such a great family moment. The best part about it all, is that we have the DVD to keep forever and ever so we can see her in action whenever we want to! That, in itself, is the best gift!
| Baby Leah showing her boxing skills! |
| Sweet Baby Face:) |
4 comments:
Thinking of you during this time. Visiting from Danielle's blog...
She is so cute!!!!
How precious is that Sweet Leah!!!!
Rachael
Kim, What a beautiful picture of Leah, you and Jason are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Teri Foto
Post a Comment