I was looking back at my posts from last year, from around this time, and found it interesting that the title of my New Years post was "Good Bye, Hello." A few months later, it happened to be what the nurse wrote on the white board in my room the morning after I delivered Leah, "Hello & Good Bye, Leah." I guess that pretty much sums up this year too. We said "Hello" to the most beautiful baby girl, said "Good-Bye" to her a little over an hour later as she went into the Lord's arms, got our snuggles, cuddles, prayers, and loving in and hugged and kissed her in her Earthly body for the last time before handing her over to the nurse. (This still keeps me awake at night and makes me burst into tears instantly.)
I am ready to start a New Year. This year has been full of ups and downs. Meeting Leah alive, no matter how short the time was, was nothing short of a miracle to us. She has forever changed our lives for the better. The ride since then has been bumpier than I ever imagined. But we are surviving. I keep hearing and reading that after the first year goes by "things" get easier. I sure hope so!
Have a safe New Year's Eve and a wonderful New Year full of blessings for your and your family!
(I am excited to watch the ball drop with a glass of champagne this year - my first in 3 years!!) - "Cheers!"
I am ready to start a New Year. This year has been full of ups and downs. Meeting Leah alive, no matter how short the time was, was nothing short of a miracle to us. She has forever changed our lives for the better. The ride since then has been bumpier than I ever imagined. But we are surviving. I keep hearing and reading that after the first year goes by "things" get easier. I sure hope so!
Have a safe New Year's Eve and a wonderful New Year full of blessings for your and your family!
(I am excited to watch the ball drop with a glass of champagne this year - my first in 3 years!!) - "Cheers!"
No comments:
Post a Comment