12.28.2010

Telling Our Parents

Actual Date: December10, 2010: I know, I know... how could we possibly have waited so long to tell our families? It was hard to keep it a secret for so long, but I guess living away from home made it easier. Our plans to share the news had already been spoiled twice and now that we had a confirmed diagnosis, it was time to let them in on what was going on.

Those were probably the hardest phone calls that we had to make. We knew they'd be excited when we told them we were pregnant, and how far along I was, and that it was a girl. Then, came the hard part... telling them something was wrong. I can't imagine how they felt being put through that range of emotions in about 5 minutes or so before we explained all of the details. I was honestly surprised at their reactions - that they were proud of us for the decisions we've made, for handling everything so well, for getting as much information as possible, and for trusting God. They said they understood why we kept the news from them and completely support us in everything that we decide to do. And of course they want to be here with us when she's born. I know time is closing in quick on her due date, but it still seems like so far away. We have no idea at this point what we want to happen, who we want there, who's going to watch Bryce, etc. I know in time we will find our answers and everything will work out as we want it to:)

No comments: