12.28.2010

Update - Finally Current!!

Actual Date: TODAY!! So I've finally finished getting this Blog updated with everything that has happened since the beginning of our pregnancy.

I have been off from work for a week and a half so far for Christmas Break and don't go back until next week. Jason had last week off and we enjoyed spending time together at home with Bryce and getting some projects done around the house. We had a nice quiet Christmas at home and Bryce had a great time opening his gifts and taking his time playing with each one.

We also took this time to celebrate Leah's 1st Christmas. She received her blanket from Bryce (just like his, but pink!), her Swarovski pacifier from Mommy & Daddy (just like Bryce's - only pink!), a wonderful book called "God Gave Us You," and her booties and a little sweater to wear over whatever outfit we end up picking out for her. She also received her Precious Moments, "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament and a cross. The little bugger made out pretty good!

This has been an especially hard time - going out and shopping and even going to church on Christmas Eve. I had been okay with clothes shopping (as I'm trying to find her that "perfect" outfit - or two) and shopping for Bryce as well, until it hit me. We can't shop for her like we did for Bryce. That kid had a closet full of clothes by the time I was 6 months pregnant with him! I see so many cute outfits for her, but then I realize that I can't buy  it because she'll never wear it. Seeing the little girls in church with their fancy Christmas dresses and bows in their hair, made me cry because I realized that we would never have that moment with her. But in that same moment - Bryce yelled "uh oh" when the lights dimmed in church for the procession to start. He is amazing and always helps refocus us that we are blessed already with a beautiful boy and that Leah will bless our family in ways that we don't know.

Tomorrow is our appointment with the pediatric genetic counselor and I'm anxious to get some answers about how we can and/or should care for her when she arrives!

No comments: