4.24.2011

Happy Easter!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Thank goodness every store you walk into has their Easter displays because otherwise I would've completely forgotten to buy things for Bryce's basket! With going back to work this week and Jason being out-of-town, it slipped my mind, until I ran in to the grocery store to pick up a few things on Thursday. We enjoyed a beautiful day with Bryce who enjoyed collecting Easter eggs in our front yard, checking out his new toys from everyone, and playing with his buddy at GiGi's house for Easter dinner.

This was the first holiday that we celebrated without Leah. I still made her an Easter basket and placed her Baby Bunny in it, so that she was still with us in spirit. I honestly debated whether or not to go to church today. I knew that every little girl was going to be dressed to the nines in beautiful Easter dresses, hair bands, and adorable hats. We did go and I just tried my best to not focus on the babies. Each one that managed to catch my eye brought tears to my eyes. But then, I would just turn my focus to Bryce who was clapping after the hymns and waving out the window and saying "bye-bye" to people that were leaving the service early. (LOL, love him!)

We also had our first encounter with a new baby today. Our family friend had her baby girl last Monday. When I realized this morning that we were going to see them, I again debated just skipping the whole dinner. But I realized that we were going to have to face this fear and that it might as well be with close friends. Their baby girl is absolutely beautiful! The good news for us is that neither one of us felt sad seeing her. I think, so far, we can separate the fact that other new babies are a wonderful blessing to their family.

This Easter, the Resurrection of Jesus of took on a new meaning for me. For the first time, I think I actually took to heart the sacrifice that was made for us. It renewed my hope and faith that we will indeed be with our sweet baby once again! We love you, Leah!




No comments: