Today, one month after Leah's birthday, we had Leah's cremains/urn blessed at a simple ceremony at our church. It was very comforting to hear through the scripture passages once again that with her Baptism and now this blessing that she is indeed with God in Heaven. She was blessed with holy water and incense. The ceremony only took about 10-15 minutes. Our priest once again called our sweet girl "Lay-uh," throughout the ceremony. We know that he didn't do it on purpose because he said it right the first time he said her name...I guess it's just his accent?
Funny story - Jason and I decided to meet at the church since it was in the middle of his work day. I had the responsibility of bringing Leah with me... in the car. I can honestly say that I never imagined driving around with an urn, let alone an urn that contained my daughter's ashes. I got in the car and held her in my lap as I decided where she should ride. I did what I think any mother would do... I put her in Bryce's car seat:) When I arrived at the church, got out, and opened the back door, Jason laughed and smiled:)
Funny story - Jason and I decided to meet at the church since it was in the middle of his work day. I had the responsibility of bringing Leah with me... in the car. I can honestly say that I never imagined driving around with an urn, let alone an urn that contained my daughter's ashes. I got in the car and held her in my lap as I decided where she should ride. I did what I think any mother would do... I put her in Bryce's car seat:) When I arrived at the church, got out, and opened the back door, Jason laughed and smiled:)
No comments:
Post a Comment