Day 12: How has the rest of your family dealt with your loss?
This is going to be a tough question for me to answer honestly without throwing anyone under the bus. So I'll be vague.
I think that many people just didn't know how or what to do in our situation because they had never been faced with anything like it before.
We kept our pregnancy and Leah's diagnosis a secret until we had all of the facts.
I think it was hard for the rest of our family to get to know her and love her like we did because we all live so far away from one another. It was hard for us to share her because we had such a brief time with her ourselves.
I hate the fact that some family members will discuss her with other people, but not with us. That hurts more than anything.
Some people still don't even know that she existed.
But we are forever grateful to anyone that acknowledged her life with prayers, a card, flowers, etc.
2 comments:
I am so sorry that you have had to struggle with this....I came across your blog right after Leah was born....your story brings hope to others and I will be praying that those in your life personally will see what a blessing Leah is and to not ever forget her!!
Kristin, Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers!
Post a Comment