Day 22: Do you have a song or songs that make you think of your child?
"I Will Carry You" (Audrey's Song) - by Selah
"Glory Baby" - by Watermark
"My Little Girl" - by Tim McGraw
and not so traditional but SO meaningful to the many emotions that I was feeling while pregnant with Leah...
"Firework" - by Katy Perry
It was on the radio every day during my drive home and just brings a smile to my face every time I hear it:)
Day 23: Besides the outcome, what is one thing that you would have done differently?
Nothing.
Day 24: On Birthdays, Diagnosis Day, Anniversaries of Passing... How do you prepare for them?
I always know that they are looming and start planning in my head what I want to do. I started planning Leah's 1st Birthday celebration months and months before it arrived. Everything that we wanted to happen, happened and that made it so special and memorable. That being said, the 6 month anniversary of her passing was the most difficult to deal with. I was a wreck! I had to work that day, but cried at every free second I had. I'm sure that I wasn't such a pleasant person that day or in the days leading up to it. I was just so hurt, so lost, so raw.
Since the first year has passed, these days have gotten easier. I know that we will never let one of these days pass without mention or remembering Leah. If anything, it always gives us a chance to take out some of the things that are hidden away and remember each and every special moment that we had with her.
Day 25: On Birthdays, Diagnosis Day, Anniversaries of Passing... How do you handle them?
Each one is different.
The first year, all of those days were extremely rough and emotional. I have learned to embrace them and act on my emotions. If I need to cry, I do... and I don't feel bad about it. If we are happy, then we make it a wonderful, joyful day full of memories:) I'm sure as time goes on, the roller coaster will continue. We are buckled in for a bumpy ride but will always remember our sweet Leah for everything that she was, is, and will always be to us.
2 comments:
I love the song Firework :) What a beautiful post :)
Thanks, Elena!! I still sing and smile (and sometimes cry) whenever I hear it:)
Post a Comment